Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Shop build part 1

 

I thought I would kind of start at the beginning.  This is where the shop was to be built. That is a 12x16 storage shed I built to hold our 'stuff'.  It had been a few years and was in not the greatest shape.  



It had to go


I used my brothers skid steer to push it back out of the way.  

After that I used the skid steer and my tractor to build a 'pad' for the foundation.  I had plenty of places to get dirt on my property, mostly from old farming terraces that had been put in years ago that were now in the yard and in the way.  It's kind of hard to see in the above photos, but the ground is sloping toward the woods in back.  We brought in dirt, spread it out and packed it down with the skid steer. Then I would use my tractor with the tiller to till the entire pad, then pack it again with the skid steer.  We did this in 'lifts' of about 3-4 inches at a time.






Once we got the pad pretty level, I built the forms for the slab with the help of my youngest son who was home from college for the summer.  We set up forms then brought in cushion sand to get the pad  perfectly level and ready (almost) to pour concrete.






Before pouring concrete, I had to bring electricity and water to the shop. Once that was done, I hired a crew to come do the pour.













































No comments:

Post a Comment