Been a while, thought I would show a little project I did a while back. First, some background;
A friend of my Dad asked me to look at his Browning Hi Power a while back. Turned out he was limp wristing the gun and nothing was wrong with it. But, since getting to paw that particular weapon, I've been wanting one. So when I found some ex-Israeli Hi Powers for sale, I bought one.
These were manufactured by FN, as are all Hi Powers, even those with the Browning Markings.
I thought a new set of springs throughout would be in order and a generally good idea. Since I would have to disassemble it to swap springs, I decided to upgrade the Parkerized finish with some Norell's Moly-Resin as well.
The semi-major changes I made were sights, grips, and safety.
The weapon came from the factory with a nice ambidextrous safety. I decided to go with a single safety. The factory part with the outboard lever removed was too long
Wolff standard recoil spring and reduced hammer spring
A nice air brush and some Moly Resin, grey for the frame and slide, black for the bits and pieces.
And finally, some wood stocks or grips ('cause I like the way they look).
Put it in a bag and shake it all up, and here you go.
She shoots great. The trigger is a little bit different from my 1911, not bad, but different. It is very likely in the near future I will start carrying this on duty.