Monday, March 21, 2011

FREE AMMO!!

for me.

It's range week for the academy. I'm in my city with a few others from various departments. I'm the only one with a 1911. Except for one SIG, everyone else has a Glock in 9 or 40.

So far so good, the first rounds out of the pistol I've ever fired were fired today at the range. Lots of admin and safety today, so we only went on the range in the afternoon. After about 100 rounds I've had no issues. We'll see as the week goes on.

The Rangemaster told me that in over 5 years, he's only seen a single 1911 make it through the week of 1000-1500 round with no problems. It was a Wilson Combat. He said he's never seen a Dan Wesson, so we are both looking forward to see how it goes.

With all of the Glock shooters on the line, I'm getting a LOT of practice on mag changes.

I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes.

But I must say it feels really good to shoot ammo that I didn't have to pay for.

Mr Fixit