Sunday, January 16, 2011

Update

The academy is taking quite a bit of my time these days. I stop by here just as often as I can, but it's a quick drive by just to read other bloggers. For those interested, so far my schedule is to leave home early, and get home late 5 days a week, think 14 hours between leaving and returning. In the 'extra' 10 hours I try to squeeze in playing with the kids, socializing with the wife, eating, study for school and sleep. So far study and sleep seem to be in last place.

Weekends are and should be different. I try to lay back and have some fun. Of course being closer to 50 than 30, fun takes on new meanings. Like reading something other than Texas Penal Codes, or the Code of Criminal Procedure. And I still have to devote a little time to spit shining the boots, pressing the uniforms and the like.


Let me tell you that my wife is the only reason I'm doing as well as I am. She has stepped up WAAYYYY beyond what should have been expected. She has handled things that I have no time or opportunity to do.

Not only that, but she is working on her Masters Degree in nursing through Texas Tech! She will be a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.

So when I feel like it's hard on me, and I want to cry a little, I just look at her and think how lucky I am.

She is amazing, and I am lucky to have her.


Mr Fixit

2 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

I can't say I envy you, although you're getting a great educational opportunity.

The older we get, the tougher it is to sit in a structured setting like a classroom.

Hang in there, it will be worth the effort.

Good luck to the Mrs. in her quest for her Master's degree.

Brigid said...

You are lucky. I know it is a lot of work but it will be so rewarding to have it behind you and use the skills. We're all very proud of you.