Saturday, December 11, 2010

So far so right

I've come to realize that almost without exception, everyone in my academy class would fall on the right side of the political spectrum. Maybe it's the nature of police work, or maybe it's the nature of those who want to get into police work. Those are interesting questions best left for someone else.

It is somewhat humorous to find that many in the class consider me to be a "right winger". When I apply their frame of reference in comparison to the general population, the opinions they have are quite interesting.

We had an interesting few minutes of conversation in which I argued that the National Guard was in fact not "the militia" as envisioned. Hilarity ensued, and by hilarity I mean people somehow taking the leap of logic that a military force funded, supplied, equipped, and trained by the Federal Government, as well as being under the control of the Fed Gov when called, is somehow the "whole people, except for a few public officials." Hmpff!

So when I hear them say to me things like 'You're a right winger', or even as one said 'You're one of those libertarian people' I just smile. I smile and think to myself "Don't poke the Wookie."


Mr Fixit

2 comments:

Gerald said...

You're lucky. All my colleagues are far left-wing dingbats. Besides thing that Obama is doing a good job, they applaud the wiki leaks.

SpeakerTweaker said...

So when I hear them say to me things like 'You're a right winger', or even as one said 'You're one of those libertarian people' I just smile. I smile and think to myself "Don't poke the Wookie."

Quote of the Day!



tweaker