Monday, October 11, 2010

"Buying and selling a home" or "Just shoot me and get it over with!"

OH! the aches and pains.  And not just the physical ones either. 

We are trying to sell our home and of course move to another location.  After 10 years in the house, I have honestly remodeled every room.  You would think that it would be fairly easy to "fluff it up" and look good to sell.

You would be wrong, at least according to my wife.

There are (were) lots of little things that go unnoticed by those living in the house that must be repaired/repainted before you can sell.  And none of it is anything other than cosmetic.  But oh the pain....

Lets see, so far I've painted, fixed fence, (re)landscaped, cleaned, and replaced lots of little things.  For example, wife decided we needed to replace all the interior door knobs.  Why you ask?  Seems they didn't match, not all the same shape.  that's right, shape.  Some were round, some were shaped a little more like an oval. So all new.  I didn't even realize they were different, and I live there.

And then to top it all off, the condensation line for the air conditioner got plugged and over flowed.  the wood floor in the hall way swelled up and had to come out.  And since we were at it, we went ahead and replaced the carpet in the bedroom as well.

I'm tired
I'm sore
I'm spending money like a sailor on leave.

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that keeps me going is I have found the place I want to buy and live.  It's like a little piece of heaven to me.  I want it so bad that I'm very afraid things won't work out.  In fact, I'm a bit apprehensive about even mentioning it here for fear that the gods of luck and fortune will get involved.


And now I have to go deal with the bank.   Nothing like sitting there with your head hung, trying to explain why you want to buy something, and how you are going to pay for it, and knowing the fellow sitting across from you is looking into every private transaction you have had.

Bear with me for a bit, the blogging thing comes after the fix-it-up thing, and the banking (begging) thing.


Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Bob S. said...

Thoughts and prayer that things work out for you.

I know the feeling of having to wait for approval on a house; we bought our dream home 6 years ago.