Sunday, July 25, 2010

Spreading the love

Made our semi-weekly trip to the local Wally World (Wal-Mart aka retail hell) the other day. Among other things, I was looking to pick up an AC/DC CD. I haven't bought a CD in like years, and wanted sort of a greatest hits. Wife and son join me in the CD and DVD area and we get to looking for movies. By the way, I didn't find the CD I was looking for.

I hate to admit it, but although I have seen all of the Firefly episodes, I don't own them. Neither do I own the movie Serenity. As I'm looking I see the complete series on DVD for $19.99 as well as Serenity for $7.50. I grab them both.

That night at home, myself and my eleven year old son watch the first unaired pilot episode. As I remembered; Awesome!

What was really cool was the youngest thought it was "way cool" and "awesome" his self. As I got in bed I mentioned to my wife "Looks like I've created a little Browncoat."

She replied, "Yeah, like he would turn out any other way?"

Quite right.

Mr Fixit

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

LOL. The world could use more of the wisdom of Captain Mal.

P.S. You get my last e-mail?

Larry said...

Shiny!

Brigid said...

From my self and my friend Vera I have to say AWESOME!!