Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Enfields

So I'm sitting staring at a couple of Enfield rifles I have, one No4, and one Indian 2A.

And I get to thinking to my self;

"Self, wouldn't it be more convenient to have both of those rifles chambered in the same caliber?"

And I answer myself that yes, it might be.

"And wouldn't it be more convenient overall if both of them were in 7.62x51? You know, like the several other Sport Utility Rifles you already own?"

And I have to admit that I make good sense.

So, Anybody looking to trade?

Mr Fixit

4 comments:

Tam said...

Well, the only .308 I have at the moment is an FR-8, otherwise I might take you up on it...

Mr. Fixit said...

Hmmmmm, an FR-8, Now there is a thought......

Buddy said...

Darn, I was hoping you wanted to get rid of the 2A! I have had 2, and wish I had never gotten rid of them! I have about 100 rounds of GI Match once-fired brass, but no .308, I even have a no-gunsmithing scope mount for it that I have kept hoping I would find another decent example...

jimbob86 said...

Having all your rifles (or pistols or shotguns)in the same caliber is akin to putting all your eggs in one basket. It may well be one mighty fine basket, but if gravity takes it, you are still SOL. During The Great Ammo Drought of 2008-2009, sometimes the only ammo (or even components!) on the shelves were oddball stuff: .357 Sig, .303 Britt, .40 FMJ bullets, Benchrest primers .....

In short: Supprt Diversity! Have 2 of everything!