Monday, March 8, 2010

Hurry up and wait

The new job is......a job. After 17 years of working 24 hours on duty and 48 hours off duty, the whole getting up every day and going to work every day is hard to adjust too.


I guess a body gets used to whatever it does, and mine is not at all adjusted to the new schedule. Funny, as now I'm working 40 hours a week, and before I was working 56 hours. Only now the 40 makes me tired more than the 56.

Overall, the job is not nearly as bad as some others I have had in my pre-fire service career. I spend a lot of time in the office. On that note, I have my own cubical, desk, and file cabinet. I have asked, and was told I can decorate my cubical however I wish. Cue maniacal laughter.

The worst part is the drive back and forth each day.

All of this leaves very little time for gunsmithing, pen making, or anything else I want to do.

Maybe things will improve.....


Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Chris Muir said...

You hang in there,Mr.Fixit!

:)