Monday, February 1, 2010

There's an app for that!!


One of our older firefighters has an Iphone. He traded up from his "Crackberry" a while back. He likes to sit and play with it, showing us videos and such. He's not really trying to show off as much as he is just excited.

Yesterday, he came in the day room and sat down with the Iphone. He starts playing with it, and tells everyone he heard there is a "Dictionary app" and he is going to get it. He surfs, and finds one and starts to download loudly proclaiming that now he has a dictionary.

I looked across at him and told him in front of 4 witnesses that the online dictionary is unreliable and not complete.

What do you mean it's not complete? he asked in his wounded puppy voice.

I told him "There are lots of words that are not even in there."

Like what?

"Gullible" I said as calm as I could be.


3 hours later (yes!! 3 hours!) he walks back into the day room, proudly holding his Iphone up and showing me and everyone else that he had in fact found the definition of gullible.

As the room started to snicker and laugh, he looked at me and realized what happened. I bet I can find the definition of asshole! he said as he turned and left the room.

It brightened my whole day!

Mr Fixit

7 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

iPhone addicts are worse than Crackberry users. I don't care if you have an app for that. Really. Do you have an app to remove it from you Colon when I get annoyed and shove it up there?

Anonymous said...

Technology really is an inescapable aspect of our daily lives, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4[/url] DS S3)

RevMedic said...

Priceless! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the classics - they never go out of style. Try "Your Shirt's on fire" next week. After that, you can feel his shirt, ask him if his shirt material is felt.

Bob said...

That was just mean,
Mind if I use it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larry said...

"I bet I can find the definition of asshole! he said as he turned and left the room."

But will it have your picture next to it?