Friday, February 5, 2010

It starts....

Still not happy about going to city hall. In fact, I spend time thinking of things to do there, silent protests if you will. Bear with me.....

One of the things about being in the fire department is you spend a lot of time with each other. You get to know each other really well, and if you are with some folks you don't care to be around you have a lot of time to figure out just what drives them crazy. Of course, then you spend your time doing those things in as innocent a way as you can.

For example. One of the guys I worked with for a while let it be known that he hated bell peppers. He even went so far as to say he wouldn't eat anything with bell peppers in it. Of course we had bell peppers in every meal for a while, stuffed peppers, fried peppers, even peppers in the eggs for breakfast. I have found that most of the guys for some reason get annoyed at impressions. They're funny for a while, but you know the guy that just keeps doing it, he drives them crazy. Especially if it's a bad impression.

[British accent/] Therefore, I shall adopt a British accent while at the Administrative Offices, or on administrative duties. You should all be fully aware that it is a bloody bad accent on my part as well. One can only imagine how the Fire Marshall will feel. I shouldn't think the businesses in the city would notice at all.[\British accent]

If you will excuse me, I'm off to watch Monty Python. Brushing up on the accent as it were.

Cheerio

Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I to but I think the brief should acquire more info then it has.