Monday, February 15, 2010

Chip off the old block?

I just found out about this, well after the fact. 

Seems my youngest son was in Sunday school last week and there was a broken clock on the table.  It had fallen and parts were broken, the hands were off, and it was obvious it didn't work.  Teacher picks it up and starts to toss it in the trash when my son stops her and asked what she was doing.  She said it was broken and was throwing it away. 

He said "Wait, can I have it?"

Why? she asked.

So I can fix it. he replied.

The teacher said sure and gave it too him, I am told with a somewhat condescending and tolerant attitude.  Without telling me, or even mom, he takes it home. 

At home, he used his Christmas present multi-tool to take the face off, and remove the back.  He retrieved the broken pieces, used super glue to put them back together, then put them back on the clock.  After that he replaced the back and front.  He took a battery out of a toy and put it in and it worked as good as new.

I found out about it when he was taking it back to church.

Teacher was surprised.  Me? well me too a bit.

Good job son!

Mr Fixit

2 comments:

maxwelton's braes are bonny said...

Proud parent moment.

Bob S. said...

Great job raising a fine youngster.