Monday, October 19, 2009

Interesting- an update on Double Diamond

I find it interesting, you may not.

My site meter shows lots of visits from lots of places. But lately, the most used search term that leads to this blog is "Double Diamond Properties", or some form of Double Diamond and complaint, scam, or gift.

Most of them lead to this post. And one commenter, a Mr.(s) Anony Mouse called me "A Jew".
I'm not sure how to feel about that, although I am sure it was meant as an insult. So much for comment moderation.

Just to fan the flames, cause hate mail is interesting at least, here is an update and ending to the Double Diamond saga:

The beginning
The middle

I was sent an offer of a free gift in return for a real estate tour, no strings attached. I made appointments, and had them canceled. They never offered to reschedule. I had told them honestly from the start I would not buy. But this was a golf resort. Although I wouldn't buy land, I very well may have taken my wife to stay at the Inn, to let her have a spa day there while I played golf.

White Bluff resort, owned by Double Diamond Properties tried to keep me from attending and therefor from receiving the gift they offered and agreed to give.

I found out that they had changed their name in April of this year, and the previous name had over 140 unresolved complaints with the Better Business Bureau. I didn't like being lied to, or taken advantage of so I fought back. I called and complained, and finally after talking to the Vice President of the company I was sent the gift. That was after I mentioned "mail fraud" in our conversation. I was willing to tour just like we had originally agreed, but he declined.

Some may think that petty. So be it. I thought it was rude behavior on their part. And rude behavior should never be tolerated, it only encourages more of the same.

If you don't want to give me a free gift, don't offer one. But once you offer it, don't think it is OK to just decide not to give it because things didn't work out the way you wanted them to.

I still think Double Diamond Properties is borderline crooked, and their customer service skill sorely lacking. This is however the end of the story with them.

I ask the readers for their thoughts on the matter.

Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Starik Igolkin said...

Well done, sir!
Standing up for yourself, and insisting on what is right, on what you had been promised, as a matter of principle. If everyone behaved the way you did, bait-and-switch cons of Double Diamond Properties, and their likes would be out of business by now.

As for that anonymous comment, calling you a Jew, the person who left that comment as an insult is an ignorant idiot. Consider this: through most of our history, my people survived tremendous hardship and persecution, staying true to our principles and not compromising on our core beliefs. Taken in that context, it's ironic that anonymous was hoping to offend you by placing your situation in comparison.