Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Comment Moderation

I have found it necessary to moderate comments for a while. I am sorry, and dearly hope you folks won't be turned off by it. I hope in the not too distant future to turn this off. We will see.

You can still comment, and you can even leave anonymous comments. I'll still approve them, unless they are just out of line. You can argue, you can complain, you can say whatever you want. But, there are some comments I won't show. Those being comments that identify me, or my department, and the like.

Other than that, have a go.

Hope that's alright with everyone.

If you don't mind, leave me a comment here, just so I can practice on moderating. Seriously.

Mr Fixit

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how once people are on the internet they feel that they can say what ever they want regardless of the potential damage. The perceived safety of the net makes them brave

I enjoy your blog, keep up the good work.

Ambulance Driver said...

Let me guess, anonymous internet trolls?

Bastards.

Walrilla said...

Hey, just one more comment to practice on. Keep up the good work!

Brigid said...

If you won't say something to someone's face don't say it on their blog.

I moderate, and am fortunate to have a great bunch of regulars. We may politely disagree on the best way to grill a steak or which gun is the best but it's the kind banter you'd get in your home. And I like it that way.

farmist said...

Civility is certainly lacking in this day and age.

TOTWTYTR said...

Prudent. I started moderating a while back for some of the same reasons.

Larry said...

I moderate as well.