Monday, June 8, 2009

When bad luck gets worse

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but I am having a spot of bad luck. Rotten actually.

And I blame golf.

Week and a half ago I played golf with my Captain and 2 of our Paramedics. We played 18 holes, the ate lunch in the clubhouse, and then because a couple of them wanted to we played again. We ended up playing 39 holes that day. I know, 2 rounds should be 36 right? Well, the second 18 we played only had 12 holes open, so we were told to play another 9 on another course. 18+12+9.

At the end of all that, I had a rather healthy blister on the bottom of my foot.

Seems that blister never really healed, what with being in a sweaty shoe or boot most of the time. It's been darned aggravating.

Friday I got up and went to work at the fire station. By just before lunch I felt my foot swollen, and my groin hurt. I went to look at my toe, and sure enough, just like last time. This time, I didn't wait and went straight to the ER.

Without all the details, I've seen the ER Doctor, the Infectious Disease Doctor, the Internal Med Dr. I've had X-rays, and MRI of the foot, CT of the lungs, Echo cardiogram, Ultrasound of the leg. I'm being, or have been tested for Staph, Strep, CHF, Pneumonia and possibly some other stuff.

It's Monday according to the dry erase board in my hospital room. That means I've been here 3 nights 4 days so far, and last I heard they're looking at "a couple more".

Stay healthy folks, 'cause the alternative sucks.

Mr Fixit

3 comments:

Walrilla said...

Man, that stuff ain't nothin' to jack with! You can get a serious case of dead from that, and as you know, that takes just FOREVER to heal.

Seriously, you need to be extra careful with that stuff. It is definitely some bad, bad ju-ju.

Keepin' ya in our prayers,
Walrilla

TOTWTYTR said...

Damn man, that sucks. I knew that golf was a dangerous game. I hope you get better soon.

Texas Ghostrider said...

damn boy! time to sale the golf clubs for something less dangerious like base jumping....