Monday, April 6, 2009

News and happenings....

Last week was a bugger!  Nothing like seasonal allergies turn into an infection and then feel like the flu to hold you down.  Thanks to those of you who checked on me.

I see that while I was gone the discussion over property rights continued.  Randy, I don't think we will convince each other.  My point is that if you allow my vehicle on your business property, you must allow what is in the car as well (assuming it is a legal product).  I don't think you can, or should be allowed to pick and choose as to what you allow in the car.  If you want to disallow certain things that might be in the car, then I believe you must disallow the entire car.  My vehicle is a little cocoon of "my property" that I control.  Allow all of it or none of it. I agree that a business owner has the right to not allow my vehicle on his property, as long as he treats everyone else with a car the same.  But if he gives up his superior right and allows me to park on his property, he also gives up his right to control what is in my car.  If he doesn't want to give that up, he should not allow my car at all.

In other news;

I'm in the market for a shotgun for my middle son.  He's 13, and needs one of his own.  He's been using various ones that we borrowed; everything from a Spanish side by side, to  Remington 870's and 1100's.  I'm weighing options such as new versus used, 12 versus 20 gauge, pump versus auto, and of course various brands.  Throw in a lot of combination's of the formers and you can see it's a lot to consider.  I value opinions and thoughts of the readers so tell me what you think.

Mr Fixit

4 comments:

Randy said...

Mr. Fixit your right we are unlikely to convince each other. You cannot force a man to see who would rather remain blind but, allow me to leave you with this. This is a quote from one of my favorite authors.

The only sovereign I can allow to rule me is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists; what is, is. From this irreducible, bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. This is the foundation from which life is embraced.
Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality - it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
-Terry Goodkind (Faith of the Fallen)

And remember that it is you, who would wrest control of private property from the business owners who kill America. Those of you who gang up and dictate to a man what he can and cannot do with what is his, who ruin the motivation to start any enterprise that would rely on people other than the owner.

Mr. Fixit said...

Randy,
I now see that i disagree with you not in details, but in basic premise.

I do not believe that I am asking for control of anything that the business owner has control over, or has not already given up control of.

I believe that a business owner is trying to wrest control over my car from me.

I further believe that by allowing me to park on his property we have entered into an agreement wherein he has given me control of a very limited space (The parking space and all that is in it).

We have been arguing past each other.

Mr Fixit

Randy said...

Ah Mr.Fixit your right this is an argument on premise. I thought that I had been clear before but alas I am not near so eloquent a writer as I would like. Unfortunately though I am write and you are wrong though I am glad you seem to have dropped your magic bubble theory not, that your current one is any better. You see the funny thing about agreements , They take two people. Unless you have put the property owner on notice and he has given his informed consent, of his own free will then it is not in fact, an agreement. I think that you know I am right. You simply want your way so badly in this that you refuse to see the truth of the matter. Remember the quote that I posted and take it to heart. You cant wish A into being B

Mr. Fixit said...

I stand by what you call "My magic bubble theory", I only meant to explain it differently.

We must agree to disagree.

Mr Fixit