Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend gunshow report

I went to the Big Town Gunshow in Mesquite Saturday. I was privileged to bring a gun show newbie. My friend, and assistant preacher at our church. He served as a SAW gunner in Iraq for the US Army, grew up in North Texas, west of the Metroplex, and somehow never went to a gunshow.

Saturday morning I picked him up, waved at his wife, and off we went to the show. He had a bolt action rifle that was missing the bolt he wanted to trade. We looked at all the guns, knives and T-shirts they had. He even sampled the beef jerky!

He said he loved it. He can't wait to go back. In fact, when I told him the Market Hall show is about twice as large, he made me promise go to it with him.

OK, twist my arm and force me to a gun show.


I know he's hooked. He had had the look of a teenage boy who just discovered how wonderfully different girls are.

Me, I couldn't help but think about Tams gun show song:

2 comments:

Brigid said...

We've got a road trip planned to the show next weekend. I just pray the batphone doesn't go off as I missed it last year due to work.

TOTWTYTR said...

Gun shows are fun. Even the semi neutered ones here in the PRM. One of these days I'll be in Texas when I have free time and there is a nearby gun show.

The hard part is likely to be getting me to leave! ;)