Monday, December 15, 2008

Waiting

This morning I am watching out the front window for the UPS truck, otherwise known as the Brown Truck O' Happiness.

I am anxiously awaiting the last few parts of a pretty major project. I have resisted blogging about this project thus far due to totally uncharacteristic forethought; Specifically that "this might take a while". Boy was I right!

I feel I am close enough now to at least mention the project. I am building a rifle for my son. He needs his first deer rifle, and I have decided to build a custom one for him. This will be his first centerfire rifle, and my first custom build.

For now, just consider:

A Mauser '98 action, barreled in 6.5x55mm.

If you will excuse me, I have to go sit by the window now.

Mr Fixit

2 comments:

DW said...

Great choice, are you sure it's a '98? Mine is a 96. If it's a Krag it would bare looking. Nah, you probably already did. I'm REALLY looking forward to the details.

Mr. Fixit said...

Ah, well DW, yes and no.

It's a 98, but it's not really a 98. It's not a 96.

Clear as mud?

Details to follow.