Friday, November 28, 2008

Damn kids!

Today it happened. I've heard about it happening to other people once or twice, but today it actually happened to me.

I am acting captain at the station today. If I take and add all the years of experience of everyone else on my crew, (that means my driver and both of my firefighters) and add to that the combined total of experience of both of the paramedics on the box today.....

I still have more time than all five of them combined.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to make sure they don't break any toys while they play.

sheeesh!

Mr Fixit

4 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

I feel your pain. A couple of months ago I went to a call with two ambulances. I wasn't in an ambulance, so I made the fifth person on scene. I looked at the EMTs and did some quick addition. Their total time in EMS was less than HALF of mine.

Once again demonstrating whey I am Too Old to Work, Too Young to Retire.

farmist said...

Just remember:
Experience and treachery OUTRANKS youth and enthusiasm.

Brigid said...

Watch the running with scissors thing. .

I'm training two interns at work, if the call me "Mom" one of them may be smacked.

Larry said...

Welcome to geezerhood, young one.