Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh the places you'll go!

Today is the day my kids start school again. Now a 3rd grader and a 7th grader, they are making their way through the friends and teachers.

I'm a little relieved, and a little worried too. Relieved that they are back in school which means that I have the days to work on projects without having to break up fights, fix sandwiches, or get the light sabers out of the trees. (somehow they throw the plastic toy swords into the trees where they get stuck)
Worried that I am missing some of the best times in my kids lives. Worried that other kids will be mean, or that a teacher will somehow forever scar their idealistic outlook on the world.

This year we will be dealing with Jr.High Athletics, and Jr High Drama in general.

It might be a long year.

Mr Fixit

No comments: