Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Today at the Library = Fail

Took back some overdue books today to the library. The kids were with me, and we picked out some books for them. I had the great idea to get some for me too.

Would you believe they had none of the following:

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, by Philip Dick

Eaters of the Dead, by Michael Crichton

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress,
Methuselah's Children, by Robert Heinlein

Anything in The Corps series, by W.E.B. Griffin


Since I had gone with those in mind, and I felt that at least one of them would be there, I didn't have more alternatives in mind.
I walked around looking at books like a caveman looking at a nuclear reactor- lots of staring.

In the end, I picked up another Wheel of Time edition. Not what I wanted, nor what I had in mind. But it will do.

Mr Fixit

4 comments:

Shakespere said...

Hi. I enjoyed your blog. It was fun to read.

BCFD36 said...

I've lost all respect for you. You should OWN a copy of the Heinlen and the Phillip K. Dick.

1400 Wildland fires in the state and counting.

BCFD36

Rabbit said...

I'll be glad to lend you my copy of TMIAHM. Got a copy of Stanger in a Strange Land if you wish, also.

Holler.

Regards,
Rabbit.

armed_and_christian said...

When I can't find a book I'm looking for, I usually wander over to the kids' section and ask the librarian over there if they have a copy of Curious George and the Barbed Wire Fence or Curious George and the Electric Cattle-Prod that I can borrow for my daughter.

Librarians, being the breed that they are, seldom catch on, and spend some time actually searching for these books for me. I even had one fill out a "request to buy" form so that they could purchase and have copies of these books for all the children to enjoy.