Friday, April 18, 2008

Somebody stepped up

First let me say thank you to Ahab for posting this and bringing it to my attention.

Years ago, when Texas first passed the CHL laws allowing people to carry concealed handguns, I was a frequent visitor and poster on Packing.org. Packing.org was a website dedicated to keeping the latest information on CCW throughout the US. It was quite handy to see where and if your CHL was recognized in other states you might be traveling to.

Packing.org was a great idea, and a good resource. Unfortunately, it began to have troubles (of what kind exactly I am not aware) and was down frequently. Toward the end, it was not up to date. I missed it when it was gone.

But now, someone has stepped up and there is a new website with the same type information. USA Carry looks to be a great resource for those with a CCW permit from the various states in the US. Planning a trip? Check out the interactive map to see where your permit is valid. There is a forum as well. I am glad to see them, and wish them a long productive run.

Mr Fixit

No comments: