Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hmmm

After quite a while, I took the Sistema out the other day. I know it's been a while since I worked on it, but going shooting around here is not as easy as it used to be. Somebody has been going around sprinkling house seeds around here, and now the houses are everywhere. Instead of a nice short walk out the back to the creek, it's a drive and long walk to place where I can shoot a pistol. It's another long drive in the opposite direction to find a place to shoot a rifle.

I did manage to find a few bugs in the Sistema, which I hope to fix shortly. While I was there, I shot a new(to me) Glock 19 in 9mm. Now talk about two ends of the spectrum.

I shot the 1911 first, it felt good. When I picked up the Glock I thought I had picked up a block of wood. How could anybody like the feel of this gun? Oh wait...I carry a Glock 26 as my CCW.

Hmmm.

I went back to the car and got my G26, just to make sure. Now in all honesty, the Glock 19 and the 26 feel different to me. Of course the 26 is shorter in the grip, maybe that accounted for the feeling of "smaller". But the 19's grip felt huge, as in huge around. It really filled my hand.
After shooting the 1911, I found that the Glock pointed differently too.

This isn't meant as a "one is better" kind of rant. But, they are different.

Shooting the Glock was boring. BANG BANG BANG BANG... as long as I kept it fed it shot. And it shot well, all shots being where I wanted them.
The bugs in the Sistema made the 1911 a different story, but as it is a "new" assembly and not complete I can't fault the 1911 design.

I can say that I trust both of my Glock handguns with my life. I would, and do carry them as my CCW.
However, I really like the feel of that 1911 in my hand.

I'm really thinking that an officers frame and a commander slide 1911 would be great for carry. If I could get one that was a reliable as my Glock....

Hmmmm


Mr Fixit

No comments: