Wednesday, November 21, 2007

We're Cooking Now!

Really.

At the moment I have 100 gallons of home brewed Biodiesel "brewing". I also have one very nice 20 lb. turkey on the smoker. Soon I will add a couple of Cornish Game Hens. The kitchen/dining area is starting to get back to normal; the refrigerator is back in place, soon to have the table as well. Just a bit more grouting in a small area and clean up and I'm all done.

With all that going on, the boys are home today and "helping" me.

A bit if info about those game hens. A few years ago, my mother-in-law asked me to smoke a turkey for thanksgiving at their house. Because my sons were the only kids that would be there, I also bought each of them a Cornish Game Hen. These hens are about the size of a single drumstick on a regular turkey. I smoked them as well, and when it was time to serve dinner, each of the 3 boys got their own "turkey". They thought it was the neatest thing. So, every year since I have each of the kids their own. One year I cooked 7 game hens for all the nieces and nephews. The adults thought it was great, and almost asked for their own next time.

Tomorrow, my family is coming to our house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Today, I am enjoying smoking meat, and being independent enough to build/fix my own home and make my own fuel.

The best part is I get to do that and show my sons.

Friday, I take the middle son and we go back to the deer lease for the weekend. My Father, oldest son, and perhaps brother will come as well.

For all this, I am truly thankful.

Have a wonderful holiday! See you all next week.

Mr Fixit

3 comments:

BobG said...

Sounds like a helluva good time; have a good holiday.

Anonymous said...

Re: smoking a turkey.
2 words: DRUNK TURKEY! YUUMMMM
ok; 3 words.

NYC EMS said...

Stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving!