Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Answer

Well, part of the answer anyway.

From a copy of his discharge papers:
enlisted the 13 day of JUNE 1907 for 3 years
in the United States service and was assigned to Co. G. 18 Inft. and served
3 years 0 months, and 0 days and was honorably discharged
on the 12 day of JUNE
1910.

He did serve in the Philippines, after the Spanish-American War, but prior to WW1 as I was told. I'm still pretty sure that is a Krag Rifle, which is where all this started anyway. As for the uniform....
...still wondering.

Thanks to all those who helped.

Mr Fixit

2 comments:

OK Katrina said...

That is so cool! I'm glad you were able to find that information.

Recently, I started entering my family on one of the genealogy sites. I entered what I already knew, then called my folks. They both were able to give me a great deal of helpful information but what was the best, was hearing the stories and memories that came up for them.

I'm having a ton of fun but I'm at the place now where I need to spend some time at the library. So, my progress has slowed quite a bit.

Freddyboomboom said...

I'm sure you've found the 18th Infantry Regiment's homepage, and their lineage...

Right here...

This is pretty cool.