Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Monday

Yeah, right.

In answer to some comments, and an email I received, yes I am being promoted to Lieutenant. I don't know how y'all figured it out.
My worry about being in a delima over the EMS position proved to be a waste of good worry time. Of three of us being promoted, one took the EMS position before it could be offered to me. So, I will be a Lt. on an engine company. I still get to be a paramedic, as we run paramedic engines. We still answer EMS runs with our ambulance. I will be answering fire calls as well though. I don't know which shift or station I will be going to yet, I should find out within a few weeks. The promotion will be effective by Thanksgiving, which is coincidentally very near (read very very near) my birthday.

Yay me!

Mr Fixit

7 comments:

Detail Medic said...

CONGRATS FIX IT!!!! SO proud of you!!

BCFD36 said...

On the previous post, you had a thing that I thought was a coffin. Now I get it. But I may have been right the first time.

Congrats!

BCFD36

Brandon said...

The best of both worlds for you, congratulations!!

TD said...

Congratulations! I must confess I was stumped by your hint.

Strings said...

Congrats, bro! Maybe, with the increase in pay, you'll be better able to afford that bike we were talkin' about! ;)

Rabbit said...

Congratulations!

So, do you get a driver, or do they let you drive the engine every now and again?

Don't let it cut into your FAL-cobbling time.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Gerald said...

Congratulations! I know you will do fine in whatever position you're assigned to.