Friday, August 17, 2007

Yes, he is my son

We're back from vacation. We did a cruise from Galveston to Cozumel Mexico, with a stop in Progresso. It was....fun.

I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I want to go back. I'm not a "beach guy", and an entire trip wound around a trip to the beach is just not on my list of favorite things. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and my wife and kids loved it so it was worth it. However, if it is up to me next time, I'd just as soon do something else.

We all went, me, The Wife, and all 3 boys. It was sort of a graduation gift for the oldest. We did a lot of stuff, and ate some great food. I'll say this, Carnival Cruise Lines has good food in the main dining room. Five star quality in both taste and presentation. The wait staff was great.

All was well and we had fun. When arriving back in port in Texas, we went through customs. Honestly I don't remember if the guy we talked to was Border Patrol, US Customs, or Homeland Security. But he did go through our paperwork (passports and ID) pretty closely. He asked my middle son his birthday to confirm is ID. My youngest son (2nd grade) he asked his birthday. Then he asked "Is this your mom and dad?"
To which my son looked at him and said "No."

I still am not sure if he heard the question wrong, or was playing or what. But "No" is what they call The wrong answer. The officer stopped and stared, me and mom looked shocked, the boy just stood there. Mom said "son, he's not playing a game." I told him to answer his question. The officer looked at him and said "This isn't a game, I need to know, is this your mom and dad?"
To which the boy just looked at him..........

for several seconds.................

and finally said, "yeah, their mine."


I am not sure who was more relieved, mom and dad, or the officer.


Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

... and he thought he would never have to admit who his parents were, huh? LOL