Saturday, August 4, 2007

So little time

Why do I seem so busy all of a sudden?

Thanks to Strings for the conversation and information. He has some good advice for anyone (like me) thinking about getting a bike.

And by the way, if anyone has say, a Harley Softail laying around, or bits and pieces thereof and needs a good home for it, The Fixit Shop is takin' donations. I promise to love it and hold it and hug it and squeeze it, and name it George.

Just sayin'.

My wife is approaching panic mode. We leave next weekend for a cruise, and she is worried that we won't have time (in the next 5-6 days) to pack.
I'm thinking I can be packed in about a half hour, and will probably do so the morning we leave. She also asked me if I had gone shopping for the cruise. Huh? for what?
Well, what are you going to wear on the cruise she wants to know. Same stuff I wear now I tell her.

Apparently guys, it is some sort of social fox pause if you attempt to wear your normal clothes on a cruise. It seems you need a vacation wardrobe, along with your 'normal' wardrobe. A man such as myself (who normally wears jeans and t-shirts) is expected, nay required to wear shorts and colored button down shirts on a vacation. And don't forget the shoes. Those everyday boots or Justin Chukkas won't do, no sir. You need (are you ready) boat shoes.

So far I refuse to give in. This may push her over the edge.

I'm pretty sure I'll get over it.

I'll keep up a "panic watch" if it gets bad.


Also, thanks to the rock star/blog brother for the mention. Hose monkey? Yes it's true. I'll pick up the alphabetyoumadeitallup meme in an upcoming post. He's so creative, saving lives, teaching, and now making up memes.

Oh, and seriously, that softail thing; the email addy is in the top left corner of the blog.

Just sayin'.

Mr Fixit

1 comment:

Ambulance Driver said...

Heh. No need to consider yourself tagged if you don't want to. I wasn't trying to pass it along. But if you do want to take up the EREOPBWUTTANSTAAFLTIDAAW meme, knock yourself out. ;)