Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I laughed till I cried

and then laughed some more.

Let me back up a bit.

I have an 18 year old son from an Ex-wife. I re-married a wonderful woman, and we have 2 sons together. She decided not to press her luck, and we quit at that. We would both love a little girl (or another boy) if she came along, but the wife said no more. She talked me into that little operation (snip snip), and all is well with the world.

For 5 years.

Last night she told me she was late.

For what I asked.

LATE late she said. Like 5 days at least. I jokingly asked if she was pregnant. She cringed at the thought. She just couldn't understand why her boobs were sore, and she was late.
I told her she was probably pregnant.

***let me interject here that in no form or fashion do I think it remotely possible she has been unfaithful. That would be like thinking Lawdog had lived an uninteresting childhood, or that AD was quite and humble.***

Honestly, I don't think she is pregnant. But if she was, I would be very happy.

I started suggesting baby names. She kept denying it was possible, but that little bit of doubt kept growing. I suggested that now that the oldest had moved out, we could still have a baby room. She got uncomfortable.

She kept saying that "You had the operation. I couldn't be." I pointed out that sometimes things grow back.

This went on for 10 minutes or so. Finally, I told her about a fireman I work with, who she knows. I told her that he had "the operation" and the Dr. cut the wrong tube. His wife got pregnant a few months later.
This put her over the edge. She said I should go get tested. I know this may not seem funny to y'all, but I was dying.

I bet that today, despite the protest that "I can't be pregnant", she will get a pregnancy test at the store.

On top of all this, panic watch for the cruise is in full swing. She packed her stuff yesterday. Then had to unpack to get something to wear.

**************************************************************************

Blogging may be a while in coming. I will be mowing the rest of the week, and leaving this weekend.

Don't worry I shall return!

Mr Fixit

5 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Oh no you don't! You gotta keep us updated on this one at least until the weekend!!

Brandon said...

It sounds like you're one of the lucky few whose vasectomy self-healed. Keep us updated!

Ambulance Driver said...

Looks like you really can't keep a good man down. ;)

skywriter said...

Can't wait to hear the good news. .

My folks decided to be foster parents or adopt when they were in their 40's. Just one baby. . a girl (they had lost a girl 20 years earlier who was born 7 weeks early and didn't make it. . 40's premie medicine not being that good).

Anyway. . they go to get the one baby (me)and somehow came home with two. My older brother got the car seat. . I was brought home in a box.

To this day he still laughs and says "see they liked me better".

I loved having parents that had "been there, done that". They brought tous a sense of fun, of responsibility and purpose and the sheer joy of life's surprises. They kept calm and organized and didn't freak out when we did normal stupid teenage things, when Roger sat on the ant hill on vacation when we were 4, and later became a Submariner; when I came home and said I wanted to be a commercial pilot, 18 years later when I came home and said I was leaving flying to be a federal agent, when the Pentagon was hit and they knew Rog and I both have business there.

We couldn't have been more blessed, and your child will be so even more so.

Best to you and your wife.

RobC said...

I am glad you are taking it so well and being so supportive.
My doctor showed me the bits he had snipped... if that ever re-grew it would be a miracle.
There are a few tecniques doctors use, the simple one is snip and stitch, then there is the snip, fold and stitch and the most permanent is the snip snip remove, stitch stitch... last one is a bitch to patch later, also the one I opted for, had to fill in a huge indemnity as well and promise not to sue the surgeon if I changed my mind... don't think so... :-)