Friday, July 6, 2007

Yes, Sometimes I do Fix Things

Like today.

On the way home from the station today, my wife calls and tells me the phone line to the computer is out. Seems the dogs thought it looked tasty, or fun, or something. Torn/chewed in two.

No problemo I say. Phone line is only 4 wires, and you really only use 2. However, it is on line we have DSL on. That means the splices have to be good.

So I get home and find not a 4 wire cable, but a 7 wire. Huh? Oh, what the hell, I splice all 7. After a trip to the hardware store. And a 30 minute search for my good (small) wire strippers.

After a several hour ordeal, I have Internet again. W00t!

By lunch I was able to hear the Matt G. interview/round table with all the rock stars. Very cool.

Mr Fixit

3 comments:

Detail Medic said...

Wow. I'm impressed. I'm happy when I can program the VCR...

phlegmfatale said...

well you're as handy as a handle on a pig, aren't you?

Mr. Fixit said...

phlegmfatale said...

well you're as handy as a handle on a pig, aren't you?

Well,...
I ...guess so.