Monday, June 11, 2007

They are so cute!

We have a new batch of EMT's coming out soon. The Department has just finished the class. I have met most of them so far, we only have half-a-dozen in it.

What struck me is how cute they are. All eager to help and thinking they will be saving people. They all have done their ride-outs with us, and each that I have seen has shown up with at least 3 of the following:
  • Belt mounted glove holder
  • flashlight
  • spring punch
  • trauma shears
  • bandage shears
  • rescue knife
  • seat belt cutter
  • stethoscope
  • belt pouch
I think they may have made a group order with Galls.

It's really so cute to watch them. They get so excited when they get a call, I think one of them piddled in the corner (of course that might have been the captain, you never know).

I was never that excited. No, not me. I went straight to suave and cool.

Mr. Fixit

5 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

ROFL...wait till you have a helicopter ground school, and they'll all be sporting wings. ;)

Not that I ever had a Batman utility belt or wore paramedals, no Sir...

Billy Sparks said...

Oh come on, the first part of any addiction is admiting you have a problem. No you probably didn't order for Galls but that was because Galls wasn't around then it was called DynaMed. We all did it. Hi my name is Billy and I once wore a Batman utility belt...

Anonymous said...

awe...i still get excited!

Don Gwinn said...

Could be worse. We're a volunteer service, and they're lucky if I put on the company t-shirt anymore. Some nights I just put on a navy blue TFL shirt--it's pretty close, right?

I'm not suave, really, more of a lazy slob.

Mr. Fixit said...

Ah, Billy, I had forgot about DynaMed