Sunday, June 17, 2007

And We're Back

From the convention/seminar.

I have to take just a moment to say how proud/surprised/relieved/happy/really-surprised I am that I have had over 10,000 visitors to my little blog. I really never expected it, but I always hoped. It's nice, and good for my ego (I'm good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it, people like me).

It's really thanks to Ambulance Driver and Tam. When the big boys and girls of the blog world post a link to your scribbles, the site meter whirls. Thanks guys!


As I said, we made it back from San Antonio. We left yesterday morning, and I just didn't want to fly up I-35. So, we headed north via 281, sightseeing through the Hill Country.

I have to say that I think the Hill Country of Texas is some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. I have had the privilege of visiting across North America. I have seen the Smokies, and walked the Blue Ridge. I have seen the gulf from Texas to Florida. I have looked out across the Atlantic at Cocoa Beach. The leaves in fall in Virginia were beautiful as well. I have driven across the Great Plains from Texas to the Dakotas. The Rockies from New Mexico & Colorado, up through Wyoming, Montana and Idaho are high on the list of my favorites. Across our Northern Border into Alberta and British Columbia, I have seen Lake Louise in that deep blue and the reflections of the Canadian Rockies.

But the Hill Country.... Oaks, Mesquites, ceders. The Yucca, and several forms of cactus. The rivers and rocks.

Maybe it is because it is close enough to visit often. But I think I really appreciate the rugged beauty.

We drove north to Fredericksburg and walked. I enjoyed a nice Red Ale at a local micro brew. We shopped a bit, and ate (Oh! that German smoked sausage). Moving on to Llano, Lampasas, and up to Glen Rose, and then Grandbury. Then turning east and heading home.

The return was the best part of the trip.

Mr Fixit

No comments: