Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sing, Sing A Song....

.

Sing out loud, sing out strong!

AD picked up this meme, and for some reason I wanted to play. Usually, I don't like memes, but OK, maybe I'm just antisocial.

And then, DW tagged me, so I guess I have to.

Here are the rules:
1. Go to the Billboard #1 Hits listings
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs of the year
4. Pick 5 songs and write something about how these songs affected you
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends

I also took AD's Take on this. Apparently, we have a bit in common. I was also only 18 a couple of months, but in '87. So, I took the list between October '87 and Oct. '88.

Here goes:
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
Here I go again. It says it all. As an 18yo, I had done it all, and seen it all. There was nothing new to me. Somehow, the keep inventing new stuff though, and I've never seen all of it. I just liked the idea of being an experienced grown up, even though I wasn't.

Foolish Beat - Debbie Gibson

Are you kidding? Debbie was HOT!! And I really am just a soft cuddly guy. I'm sensitive OK? I am just a sucker for a ballad.

The Flame - Cheap Trick
"...Whenever you need someone, to lay your heart and head upon, remember after the fire, after all the rain, I will be the flame."

Devotion, dedication. Loyalty. Again, I'm just a big softy.
And, I made out to this song once, so it's a keeper.

Hold On to The Nights - Richard Marx
My Jr. and Sr. years in high school, there wasn't much for us to do. We were in a small town, and mostly lived in the country. So, we had a lot of "pasture parties". We would go to someones dad's pasture, have a big bonfire and hang out being teenagers. The nights were fun. Lots of friends, and everyone was invited.

Sweet Child O' Mine-Guns N' Roses

Loved the guitars in it.

Love Bites - Def Leppard
Loved Def Leppard. Loved the intro on the guitar.

So there you go. And consider yourself tagged if you want to join in.

Mr Fixit

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

See, here, I've been combing the blogs for this meme, waiting to find someone who names Foolish Beat. Times around the bonfire sound great, actually. That's a good memory.