Wednesday, April 25, 2007

They won't let me forget

I've been in EMS now for almost 20 years. I started as a basic EMT on a part-time and volunteer basis for 4 years. I then went to paramedic school, thereafter working full time for the local ambulance service. I soon was hired at the fire department where I am now.

I've seen good things, I've seen bad things. I've done things I never thought I'd do.

Today I found out I will get to do something else I have never done, and never thought I'd do. I get to testify in a capital murder trial.

*damn*

I can't, or at least won't talk about the case, but trust me- it ain't pretty. I don't guess things that end up in capital murder trials ever are.



In the fire/EMS/Law enforcement we have some fun. We see things that area hysterically funny sometimes. Ambulance Driver does a good job of reminding me of that when I read his stuff. Often, I read his blog and realize that I had made a similar call. We often interact with the Police and get to hear some great stories from them too. There's nothing like standing on the side of the highway with the cops laughing our butts off at what the drunk said, or did.

I like to remember those times. I like to retell those stories. I like to laugh.

Someday, after this trial, I will tell this story too- if only to purge it from my memory.

I'll try for a happier blog tomorrow.

Mr Fixit

1 comment:

BobG said...

Damn, that's a bummer. One of those things we hate, but have to accept as a civic responsibility. Good luck.