Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm Trying!

Still down. The computer at the fixit shop that is.

Lightning smoked the mother board. Got that changed, and got it working, kinda.

The thing about a computer is it takes a lot of software to tell it what to do. It even needs software to tell it it can do.

The new motherboard and processor is up and running. However, I can't load the drivers for the new board because the CD/DVD drive is also fryed. So, although I can power on, and in most cases run the local programs, I can not make Internet connection as of yet.

The net effect of all this is that I might as well not have the blooming thing since I can't use it.

*deep breath*

Should be getting the new CD/DVD within the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

By the by, I upgraded from an AMD Athalon processor at about 1900mhz with 333mhz front side buss speed, and now have an AMD X64 duel core at (I think) 3200mhz with 675mhz FSB.

It sounds impressive. Can anybody tell me what difference it will make for me?

I'll be back soon.

Mr Fixit

No comments: