Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ahhhhhh...

It feels good to be back on-line. I don't consider myself an attention whore, but I am a bit of an ego slut. I couldn't wait to get back and see who had been visiting my little blog here. I have found that the Internet is my entertainment. I blog, and read blogs and search out various factoids, not to mention the regular websites and forums I frequent, all as a means of entertainment. Some folks plop down in front of the TV, I surf to net.

While the computer at the Fixit Shop was down, I missed reading about AD and Podunk Ambulance Service. What did he see and do lately? I missed Lawdogs unique and interesting take on things. So many others on my worthy reads list, I missed those guys and gals.

Lightning took out my computer even though it was powered off. Did you know that a power surge can travel through a phone line? It's worse when the strike is close, and when you connect directly to your mother board via an Ethernet cable. It was, and I do.

I replaced the mother board and processor. That got me up a bit, but I couldn't load drivers because my CD drive was fried too. Got a new one, and thought what-the-hell and got a new hard drive too. It was still cheaper than a laptop or new system.

So, glad to be back. Good to see that some of you folks are still coming to read.
Thanks!

Mr Fixit

No comments: