Sunday, February 4, 2007

Superbowl Smooperbowl!

It's here. The day I have really learned to dislike. It's Superbowl Sunday.

Argh!

It's just so damn commercialized! It's all about the money and not about the sport.

You can't get away from hearing how much the players make, or how much the airtime for a thirty second commercial costs. The game itself is about making money. The folks that watch are subjected to commercials that were produced on triple or more the cost of a regular commercial, so they can be convinced of what they need to buy.

And if one of the guys that makes multiple millions of dollars makes a great play, he'll be asking for more money next time. Aren't they already paying them that much so they will make the great plays?

*sigh*

This year is easier than most for me. My wife is the big sports fan, and she has to work today. Much like Firemen, Policemen, and EMT's, Nurses still have people to take care of no matter what day it is. I know she wants to be off to watch and I feel bad for her. But....

I don't have to put up with the hoopla at mi casa.

I think today, the boys and I will clean the house a bit for her. I'll clean out the drain line in the back. I'll wash some clothes. Maybe we'll watch a movie together.
Yes, now that I think about it, a movie sounds good. As I look into the DVD collection, I see some great choices for the day. Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford, The Cowboys with John Wayne. Or maybe Monty Pythons Quest for the Holy Grail.

I'm sure my wife will call me to tell me who won.


Mr Fixit

No comments: