Monday, January 22, 2007

What's This?

Well, hell.

Like a forwarded e-mail, or a case of crotch critters, the fun just continues on.

Ambulance Driver has 'tagged' me with a meme-thing. So, I should:
Share five off the wall, strange, unusual or just little-known facts about yourself.

Humpf!

  1. I don't enjoy watching sports. I know it's not a guy thing to say, but football (and other team sports) just doesn't interest me. Nothing like watching overpaid spoiled guys run around on a field, and then claim idol status while breaking laws and often getting away with it. I know not all are like that, but... I don't believe that most sports programs in school teach what they say they do. In my experience, they teach that a select few are better than the majority and thus given preferential treatment. Hardly the definition of "team work" if you asked me.
  2. I'm a fireman who is afraid of heights. Yeah, ladders scare me. Rappelling? Hell no thank you. I've climbed ladders (100' aerials), and I have rappelled (6 story buildings in a single bound). I've done just a bit of special rescue training on ropes. I've done it before, and I know I 'll have to do it again, but I'll be damned if I'll like it. If given the choice of rappelling or any high place, and a nice soothing enema....lube the tube baby.
  3. I am really, really afraid of sharks. I went to the matinee as a kid and saw Jaws instead of the Disney flick. Since then, I don't like the ocean. Any ocean, any part of the ocean. Growing up on the flat plains of North Texas, a fear of heights and a fear of sharks were not considered problems.
  4. My favorite color is brown. I know, I know. Most folks think that is a depressing color. And most color interpretation test seem to think that liking brown means you are depressed, or bored or some such crap. To me, brown is exciting. It is the color of outside. When I see the mountains, I see the many shades of brown in the rock, in the dirt and sand. I see brown in the trees and the grass (I grew up in Texas, remember? It gets 110* in the summer). I love the outdoors, and brown is the color I associate with the outside.
  5. I have killed a man. Well, not an absolute dead death, more of a technically no longer breathing dead death. And for the record, I DID NOT push the wrong drug. I just pushed too much of the right drug. The convulsion stopped, along with his respiratory drive. But- Happy ending: I got to "save him" too. That is an exclusive club to be in, and the initiation sucks.

As for the second part of the Meme, the 'Tag five others"; I'm not sure there's five others reading this. maybe the insanity can stop now.

Mr Fixit

5 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

>>I DID NOT push the wrong drug. I just pushed too much of the right drug. The convulsion stopped, along with his respiratory drive. But- Happy ending: I got to "save him" too. That is an exclusive club to be in, and the initiation sucks.<<

Did they have to rock you back and forth to break the suction on the seat? ;)

Thanks for playing, brother.

Anonymous said...

I could cure you of your fear of oceans... if not sharks.

Come here to sweden, guaranteed shark-free. Warm enough to bathe in during the summer too.

Mr. Fixit said...

Did they have to rock you back and forth to break the suction on the seat? ;)

I'm sure you know the chant to the ambulance gods for help:
"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, shit shit shit!"

Rock me? No. Swift application of a pry bar was quite enough.
---------------------------------

Shark-free in Sweden? Hmmmmm

Do you guys still have the bikini team? Are they part of the therapy?

Anonymous said...

For your questions:
1) Not sure about "bikini team" but yes lots of lovely ladies, and wearing bikinis at the beach yes.
2) Up to you to make them part of it. ;)

And at least some of them REALLY love American and English guys...(I've seen this first hand, went out to a pub for a friendly chat with 3 brits and one girl figuratively threw herself at one of them. "Wanna go to my place tonight?")

Rabbit said...

That superball off the noggin has gotta hurt. Guess rattling one of those off the frontal lobes will impair judgement pretty quickly, obviously with residual effects.

Ok, so they like Brits and Americans, but those aren't in the same lofty category as Texans.
Fixit, we might be set if we want to go a'viking.

and yeah, depressing a respiratory drive that far pulls a 30 inch vacuum on an onion sack.

Regards,
Rabbit.