Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Here We Go Again

Late last night or early this morning, depending on your point of view, we got another round of ice/sleet/frozen streets. School was cancelled today, and the boys have cabin fever. Mom thinks it's too cold for them outside. She just went to the store for a bit, and I sent them out. When it gets to cold, they'll come in.

I've been trying to study for a promotional test at the fire department. I had some of the books before. Back when I was in college taking Fire Science, each book was a semester of college, and three hours of credit. We have nine of them (yes nine) on the test. That is the equivalent of nine semesters of class, all on one test.

*Damn!*

If anybody out there knows a speedy way to study all that, let me know.

Our roads are wet and no ice as of now, but it is dropping below freezing as I type. I'm about to head in to the station tonight, so I don't have to wrestle with all the idiots in the morning. Wish me luck.

Mr Fixit

No comments: